Martin Forum
balenciaga runners

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Martin Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DominicJacob

BerichtGeplaatst: 13-08-2020 04:19:10    Onderwerp: balenciaga runners Reageren met citaat
Their laughing faces sit alongside Irving Penn's icily perfect image balenciaga shoes of his wife, Lisa Fonssagrives, veiled above a cocoa-coloured Balenciaga taffeta dress from 1950. "I read this story about him draping fabric on a dummy of an old client, " says Gvasalia, "who had this posture... " He hunches over, arching his back into a hump. "I remember Givenchy saying he was there and he saw it happen  this old woman suddenly became straight. He changed the posture and the attitude by this architecture of draping, how he worked the volumes. For me, that was really the most important part. The source of inspiration. How do we do that today?" Gvasalia talks a lot about attitudes when speaking about his Balenciaga.

That lead me to watch the movie called The Way (2010), which depicted how pilgrimage could mean different things to different people. Nowadays, it is also used to meet people, lose weight, discover oneself, or even as a sporting event. I started to look at several pilgrimage paintings and the Japanese painter called Makoto Fujimura caught my eye. I was very interested in how he uses Japanese square gold papers to depict balenciaga sneakers the stained glass of the chapel. I then started to make collages. Aside from the jacket, everything was white fabric at first and I dyed or sublimated it to add up the prints. In order to recreate the crackle texture in Makoto Fujimura's painting, I experimented using wax and flour.

She was passionate about her gardens, one of the first people to own a private balenciaga triple s jet, very discreet despite being a socialite. I tried to transpose those aspects of her life to the modern day. I created a headpiece based around the pillbox hat that would cover the face like a balaclava to protect her privacy; a body suit and coat inspired by cycling gear; all the sewing lines are placed to guarantee comfort when moving, walking, sitting. I also designed a textile for the coat and a "cactus on wheels" inspired by her passion for botanics and to allow her to always take her garden with her, even when travelling, as a pet plant. " I sourced a baby carrier from gumtree that had similar harnessing.

By deconstructing this I developed a train and back apparatus that fastened to the dress the way a balenciaga shoes men backpack would, and was meant to emulate the seams and drape of the original parachute as well as the  sac' or semi-fitted silhouette that Balenciaga himself pioneered; focusing on the back and the relaxed fit of extra volume at the centre back. I realized that the curved back given by the baby carrier was the perfect emulation of this traditional couture line. The entire thing was then embroidered with nearly 700 hot pink coque feathers as an ode to Balenciaga's feather work. " "For the project, I wanted to create a contemporary narrative based around Bunny Mellon, one of Balenciaga's main clients. Mellon was a well-known socialite of her time but was also very private.

My research was focused on paparazzi shots of modern socialites and celebrities who are trying to disguise their identity. I created a monogram of the  Getty Images' logo which is printed on the fabric. " The V&A's impressive Balenciaga exhibition is a slightly different beast from the touring Alexander McQueen show from 2015, and where there is less show-stopping glamour in the room as well as in the arrangement of the garments, the Balenciaga show has deeper academic and historical depth of content that should please the fashion-lovers as well as the expert seamstresses or designers. Emerging on the other side, the visitor can genuinely say they've seen beautiful outfits but, crucially, that they have also learnt about the detailed construction and engineering process that sits behind the creation of every garment, helping you to understand why designer clothing is so special.

Fed through the exhibition is Balenciaga's experience as a tailor  an important contributory factor in his success. What the V&A does so cleverly is clearly demonstrate this at every balenciaga runners point in their argument about his influence on contemporary and modern designers. It is a tell and show exhibition in which the detailed signs explain the skill in each themed section  be it a type of cut or particular means of construction  and then shows you two types of evidence. First, the finished garment often with x-ray images demonstrating the hidden engineering or weighting within to main shape, but also  and this is the clever bit  a recreation of that technique made [img]http://www.muitotosto.com/images/shoes/balenciaga sneakers-915kjk.jpg[/img] by the V&A now to demonstrate its current applicability.
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Martin Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: